Q1 Can I apply from overseas?

No. Applicants must be residing in Japan to apply for our position. This also applies to those who are plannign to move to Japan.

Q2 Does Nichibei sponsor visas?

Unfortunately, applicants must already posess a valid working visa in Japan. If you already have a working visa but needs to get a special permission (資格外活動許可 Permission to engage in activities other than permitted under the status of residence), then Nichibei can prepare necessary document.

Q3 Can I only teach online lessons?

No. We don’t have a position where a teacher teaches only online lessons. This is because our online lessons happens in between the in-person classes at our schools.

Q4 I’m an experienced English instructor. Can I negotiate to get higher starting salary?

All new instructors start at the same starting salary.

Q5 What is the dress code?

The dress code is business casual. Jeans, T-shirts, clothes of denim material, shorts, sneakers and flipflops are not permitted. Visible tattoos, facial piercings, and dyed hair in unnatural colors are also not permitted.